Soup from the Soul fundraiser



    I have a rather special fundraiser I am excited to put out there for everyone. Starting now and all the way up to New Year’s if popularity persists. I am shooting to serve up dinner to a SERIOUS amount of people to cover the mounting bills and surgical expenses accumulating from my wife's fight against cancer and all that it has brought to our family’s expenses.

    Anyone who knows me well, knows I have a serious love for cooking and eating great food! I am always looking to up my cooking game. To me, fall is simply the best! With the bounty of harvest comes great food creations. Top favorites of mine as it starts getting cooler is a top-notch soup. King among them in my book is the always beautiful comfort food of an outstanding homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Mine takes on some serious flavor with the help of carefully picked spices ranging from the essential and common to more exotic. You will taste subtle hints of depth and a note of spice which come from a careful balance of hearty vegetables in my homemade vegetable and chicken broth to the rarer spices such as the humble yet revered saffron, also including a unique blend of high-grade peppers. 

    Couple this rich soup with a loaf of fresh baked homemade bread and we are starting to get serious now! Not just any bread may I point out. We are talking about some artisan level stuff here. I like to go big when it comes to cooking and baking! This loaf is in line with my cooking style, it is fairly new to my repertoire, it is especially pleasing and has quickly earned a place in my favorites. This is one you will find yourself craving soon after the last slice disappears! This bread is a Japanese specialty called Hokkaido Milk Bread. The rich, buttery, fluffy yet pleasantly soft an chewy textured bread coupled with the hearty soup, made entirely from scratch, will put a smile on your face and make the belly happy and warm!

.... ohhh but wait did I mention cookies? If we are already baking, you simply can't leave out cookies can you!? We got you covered there too! Share them or horde them like the cookie monster the choice is yours. NOMNOMNOM!

    Well if this sounds like a meal calling your name but way too much work then you are in some serious luck. As many of you may know I am an excessively stubborn man who works hard for my living and my family. I have never expected anyone to carry my weight nor give me a handout. 

    In light of this I have set up a special GoFundMe account with a fundraising twist to it. I have the ability to cook the aforementioned meal for up to Twenty-Eight families of six daily! I am looking to spread this offer up to the New Year as word goes around. Friends, Family, Neighbors and even new acquaintances are all welcome to join in! I would love an opportunity to give something special to you all in this season of care, thanks and giving. All in special thanks for helping me take care of my wife through her battle with Breast Cancer as her chemotherapy treatments are now underway.

    I have put together this special meal to help give back for helping us out for which I am quite excited to get to share one of my favorite dishes with you as well. It’s not hard to see this deal isn’t even an outrageous price, but rather comparable in price to what you will find from local companies supplying such services.

I am taking orders starting now and will be starting to kick out meals around the middle of next week (right around November 18th, 2020) and continuing through the end of the year.

 

ORDERING OPTIONS: 

(Quantities not accounting for ravenous teenagers and starving college kids. Reduce servings accordingly... see “Add Extra” option below, we have two teens among our own group of kids and completely understand and have got you covered!)

 

FULL ORDER - $50 (Food for 6)

2 Quarts - Chicken Noodle Soup    1 Loaf - Hokkaido Bread    6 - Chocolate Chip Cookies 

 

HALF ORDER - $35 (Food for 3)

1 Quart - Chicken Noodle Soup    1 Loaf - Hokkaido Bread    3 - Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

DOUBLE ORDER - $90 (Food for 12)

1 Gallon - Chicken Noodle Soup    2 Loaves - Hokkaido Bread    12 - Chocolate Chip Cookies 

 

ADD EXTRA - $15

Do you need an extra quart of soup to account for those growing teenagers with apparently bottomless stomachs, or maybe just want some to stash for tomorrows lunch!? Yeah, we got you! Just throw down an extra $15 for an extra quart and we'll get you taken care of! 

**Note: Please email me concerning availability of extra loaves of bread for order as this is my bottle neck of production with only one oven. They will be offered for $15 as well if available**

 

If you are outside of the Utah/Wyoming range and/or just wanting to help every little bit will help immensely and we thank everyone for their help, love and kindness over the course of this journey.


 GoFundMe Link:

Soup from the Soul - GoFundMe


Venmo if you prefer:
(Her last 4 digits are 2368 if it prompts you)

@Wendy-Peay
(Please still send me an Email ordering so we dont miss you!)


Email your order to:

PinkShoesGiveMeSuperPowers@outlook.com


Please Include: 1) Name 2) A good afternoon/evening phone number to reach you at if we need to get in touch about deliveries or pickups 3) Address - if you need/want it delivered 4) Pick-up or Delivery preferences.

After your meal: Please leave your feedback for the meal in the comments to let anyone on the fence with their decision know how it turned out for you.

 

    I am looking forward to providing you with a warm hearty meal in exchange for helping with my burdens. While I can't really work out of the home right now, I can certainly bust out some kitchen love while I help keep the fort under control, and help my wife through the remaining chemotherapy treatments along with helping to reduce her Covid exposures where I can by keeping out of the construction sites. If you are outside the listed areas below hit me up privately, we might be able to take care of you still and we'll see what I can work out with you.

    After you have donated to the GoFundMe contact me at the email linked above, with your order details to get going and we will get you scheduled in the roster for your meal depending on when you want to pick it up or when I will be visiting your city/county. I am totally willing to do a porch drop and run for the poor souls out there on a COVID lockdown too.

 

Utah County:

Dinners will be available in the 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm timeframe for Payson, Santaquin, Spanish Fork, Provo areas. I will be making Monday to Friday runs and or setting up pickup options as you prefer for the locals who are near me in good 'ol Payson. We can certainly work out something for the farther out Utah County ones as well (though I may try and lump that into a certain day to keep down the drive times) as we schedule you guys in. 

 

Salt Lake Valley:

For all my Salt Lake Valley friends you can always pick it up down here hot if you choose. Or I can bring it up frozen as this all re-heats impressively well. I will be making batch runs up there on the weekend or as demand dictates. 

 

Wonderful Wyo!:

As for my family & friends up in the wild winter wonderland of Wyoming, I certainly haven't forgot about any of you either! I will still be making at least one run a month up as usual and would be delighted to bring a trunk loaded to the gills with dinners along with me! 

 

Thank you all in advance! Much LOVE & God bless!

Sincerely,

Wes & Wendy Peay


PS. Please dont forget to email your Orders in to 

PinkShoesGiveMeSuperPowers@outlook.com 

we don't want anyone left out in the cold without soup!

Comments

  1. Thanks to everyone donating to make this crazy idea a reality and possible!

    Today I have been knocking out all my checklists and supply orders this morning to hold up my end of the fundraiser and get cranking out some delicious dinners to you all!

    Thanks to the pandemic and limits on everything, sourcing and the logistical nightmare side of this, can be substantial to say the least! I truly believe this was meant to happen though, as all the pieces are falling into place quite nicely.

    May I say Nicholas and Company food distribution @ their Nicco marketplace knocked it out of the park for helping today! They really went the extra mile today! They set up a whole new item to purchase for me through their store which previously wasn't available!

    If anyone knows Shelby with Nicholas out there tell her she is the BEST for real, give her a hug, a high five, fist bump elbow bump whatever the heck is socially acceptable now you know!!! They really stepped up to the plate and went the extra mile for us today!

    I have locked down almost all my supplies already and just about wrapped up my food handlers permit. I keep getting side tracked from it (darn huh! Sounds like a breath taking good time doesn't it!? ....oh and by the way, I totally learned something to implement to the process so it was totally worth the pain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing the Storms